Making the call to see a therapist for whatever reason is a big step.
Telemental Health or doing therapy through HIPAA secure video chat is making that step easier. If you can stream Netflex, you have the technology needed to engage in Telemental Health, also called Technology Assisted Counseling or TAC.
Reasons choosing TAC could make your life easier:
- 30 or 50 minute sessions can happen in the comfort of your home, office, car, or wherever you are comfortable accessing the Internet.
- Trying to coordinate day-to-day work, carpool, and other daily living appointments is easier when the therapy happens where you are or need to be.
- If you travel or move often during the year, within the state of WI (where I am licensed), you can continue to have your sessions on a regular basis, which ensures continuity of care.
- You don’t have to wonder if your therapist is coming into the office due to Wisconsin snow storms or dangerously cold weather.
- Childcare needs are minimized or possibly eliminated.
- Clients who are homebound due to illness or disability, or other circumstances can still access desired care.
- Clients who live in smaller cities or rural areas are able to access providers they may not otherwise be able to access.
- You (or the therapist) don’t have to worry about passing on a cold, flu, or other contagious ‘bug’.
- Your privacy can be easier to maintain, if you live in a place, where you’d rather not take the chance that people would see you walking into a therapist’s office.
Due to the reasons listed and the ease of using the technology, appointments are more consistent and clients have the opportunity to achieve their goals more quickly.
If you are interested, curious, or wonder if TAC is right for you, contact me through my HIPAA compliant email: email@example.com
Jan Kwiatkowski is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) practicing in the State of WI and has a passion for working with women experiencing Postpartum Depression, Anxiety or OCD, or relational challenges related to becoming parents. She is dedicated to whole person and family wellness, and growth and resilience. Her approach assumes the dignity and resilience of every human being and that each person is truly the expert in their own lives. Call (414) 485-0700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a FREE 20-minute consultation. Visit Jan Kwiatkowski’s Profile.