There is a lot of information available about COVID 19 and it can be frightening and overwhelming. We are hearing a lot about what is happening and what we can’t do – so let’s focus on what we can do!
- If you are staying at home and are not used to being at home, make a schedule for your day and keep it.
- Schedule quiet times for you and your family! (No news or social media)
- Read a book, play a board game, or maybe just talk to each other.
- Do things that you enjoy that you don’t normally have time to do! Exercise, read, call a positive friend!
- Do things that you have put off and now have time to do! No Excuses! Clean out that closet, detail your car, make that call you have been putting off! You will feel better.
- Laugh! Watch a funny movie, read a funny book, do something fun!
- Do something for someone else. If you know someone who is need or feeling isolated, reach out and see what you can do to help them!
- Create a positive affirmation for each day!
- If you have a therapist, schedule a teletherapy session.
Most of all, remember time is a precious gift that we always wish we had more of.
Try to think of this time as a gift, and use it as best you can.
Our iTherapy providers are a group of talented, caring and skilled individuals. Let’s come together and see how we can help others and ourselves through our current challenges. Let’s post positive, affirming, tips, stories and ideas that will help people to make the best of our shared situation. Let’s create a space where people can find support, encouragement and strength.