Dr. Rader-Wilson has over 35 years of experience providing mental health, addictions, and consultation services with medical professionals in central Indiana. Her specialty areas include: mood disorders, social phobia, OCD, trauma/PTSD, bereavement, bariatric assessment and psychotherapy services, stress disorders, co-occurring medical disorders, and interpersonal/relational difficulties. She has extensive training and experience using cognitive-behavioral techniques, motivational interviewing, compassion-based therapies, trauma-informed therapies, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Solutions-Focused therapy, mindfulness skills and other evidenced-based approaches. Dr. Rader-Wilson provides individual, family, and couples services to adults.
Dr. Rader-Wilson is a lifelong resident of Indiana who has worked in central and south central Indiana, working as social worker, addictions therapist, and psychologist. She has worked in integrated health, mental health, surgery, addiction, and residential centers giving vast experience, training, and electic skill set. She was recenlty awarded "2020 Best in Bloomington" in the area of Mental Health Services.
Dr. Rader-Wilson is passionate about the opportunity to provide services to woman over their lifespan. A lifelong advocate for ending discriminatory, stigmatizing, and biased service delivery in health/mental health service delivery.
- Psy.D., Clinical Psychology, Indiana State University, 1997
- Masters of Social Work, Indiana University, 1984
- Bachelors of Social Work, Indiana University, 1983
- Indiana State Licensed Psychologist
- Indiana Health Service Provider in Psychology
- Indiana Licensed Clinical Addictions Counselor
Certified Clinical Telemental Health Provider (CTMH)
- American Psychological Association (Divisions of Addictions & Health Psychology)
- International Association of Trauma Professionals
- National Association of Addiction Professionals
- Indiana Association of Addiction Professional
Specialties & Issues
Treatment specializations include:
- Anxiety disorders with specialization in OCD, Generalized Disorder, Health Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Depression (non-cyclic disorders)
- Couples counseling
- Grief counseling
- Work and career stress
- Stress management
- Life transitions
- Weight loss & obesity including Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery Services
- Medical disorders (cancer recovery, fertility issues, miscarriage, GI Issues)
As a solution- and strength-focused therapist, my goal is to help you uncover your true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in your life. By applying complementary therapy approaches and techniques, we will unearth longstanding behavior patterns or negative perceptions that may be holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life.
Dr. Rader-Wilson places a special emphasis on guiding individuals toward mind-body wellness...recognizing their own innate abilities and resilience.
- The therapist’s role involves coaching, cheerleading, facilitating, and mentoring.
- Individuals are guided to create a personal road map for self-discovery and life enhancement.
- Emphasis is placed on instilling hope, empowerment, self-acceptance, and self-determination.
- Using collaborative process, individuals to identify and remove barriers that hinder recovery and wellness.
Services & Rates
Initial Diagnostic Evaluation (90 minutes) $175
Individual Sessions (55 Minutues) $100
Family/Couple Sessions (55 Minutes) $120
Phone Consultations (15 Minutes) $25
Cancellation with less than 24 hour-notice will charged at normal rate of the session-type scheduled.
Payment is due at the time of service via cash or credit.
Dr. Rader-Wilson only provides behavioral health services to individuals who reside in Indiana.
Dr. Rader-Wilson does not currently accept health insurance benefits as payment for service.
Theresa Rader-Wilson, Psy.D, HSPP, LCAC's BlogsPlease check back for Theresa Rader-Wilson, Psy.D, HSPP, LCAC's blogs.