You are a stressed professional and your plate is full. All this on top of family and personal goals that you want to accomplish is becoming overwhelming. You might have difficulty expressing yourself, relating to others, or maybe you're stuck. Your life and relationships are suffering. This is not where you pictured yourself. Whether you are an Executive, Educator, Leader, Business Owner, or Employee, you need relief.
You can also find me on Psychology Today.
I’ve always connected with people. Even as a kid, people came to me when they were going through tough times and talked about their life. They would say, “It’s hard to find someone that is so easy to speak with, thank you for talking with me.” Decades later, I still hear this from the people who come to me. I consider this an act of trust and am honored.
I have worked in many areas of mental health: schools: treatment centers: judicial systems; colleges and universities; and with leaders and executives in our community.
Having confidence, motivation, and accomplishing all you have set out to do plus maintaining balance is difficult. This leads to not being our best self.
When I am relaxing, I’m at home with the pets or watching a hockey game. If I am Thriving, I’m taking a trip to Austin, eating at new restaurants and listening to live bands. Old school hip-hop, 90’s alt-rock, and 60’s soul music are my favorites.
- Question Pursudae and Refer (QPR) Certified Trainer
Specialties & Issues
- Men's concerns
- Leadership training with a human touch
- Compassion fatigue
- Work stress
- LPC - Supervision
- Life Transitions
- Improved communication
- Build Authentic Relationships
- Increase Productivity
- Leadership Training
- Achieve Balance
- Diversity Training
- Mental wellness
On the surface, it might feel like a loss of motivation, fatigue, depression, or lack of fulfillment. These are symptoms of mental strain but not the root of your pain. I teach you to reach your goals by focusing on three core components of mental strength:
- Communicate Effectively-Whether you are leading others, expressing feelings or trying to understand others, how you communicate is important in relieving stress. I will teach you to communicate with precision, expressing your needs and conveying your ideas.
- Relate Authentically. You can repair, enhance or begin new relationships with integrity and energy. When people think and speak positively about you, even in your absence, leadership and human interaction become easier.
- Thrive. Move beyond day-to-day survival. Live your life with purpose. I help you move toward your goals and stay mentally sharp. This is about your transformation.
Services & Rates
- Individual Counseling & Online Counseling
- Counseling Supervision
- Professional Development Training (i.e. Suicide prevention, Emotional intelligence)
- 15-minute Initial Consultation - FREE
- 50-minute Face-to-Face or Online Individual Counseling - $125
- Training and Presentation - Quotes upon request
We do not currently accept insurance at this time. But please see our Real Counseling Inc. website for additional information on how we can help you!
Mark Tovar's Blogs
Apr.20.2020 - Focus on what you can control
Mar.27.2020 - Determining Your Own Happiness
Mar.27.2020 - Don’t Compete, Collaborate Instead
Nov.19.2019 - 3 things that make you the best person to be around
Nov.19.2019 - When You Hate Your Job
Oct.21.2019 - Let’s not worry about what people think.
Oct.3.2019 - What therapist want you to know
Oct.3.2019 - Why forgive?
Oct.3.2019 - Leadership Style Hobbs vs Locke
Jul.8.2019 - Why I pay a Licensed Professional Counselor